First day of Kindergarden for Jack and preschool for Colby.
I thought we were going to have trouble when at the kindergarden assessment/meet the teacher Jack wouldn't come out from behind my leg. He wouldn't talk or even look at Mrs. McAllister. Shy kids are a pain.
He surprised me on the first day of kindergarden. He was ready to go with his empty Batman backpack, cool rockband tshirt, and new fast shoes. When we got to school, we found Gage (friend from preschool). Both Jack and Gage had Batman backpacks--that's all it took. When he followed Mrs. McAllister into the classroom he had a huge smile on his face and an enthusiastic wave "good-bye" and that was it. Easy! I had a tiny, tiny, tiny tear because I was sooooo proud of my brave, happy, excited Jack! Off he goes into the world. P.S. His favorite part of kindergarden, so far, is recess. Yes, I am still proud!
Did I forget about Colby? He loves going to school too and asks every day if he can go to Kindergarden. Have fun at preschool for the next 3 years kiddo.
3 comments:
At least they get recess in kindergarden - that's why we left Texas! What child should have to be stuck inside all day without playing dodge ball, kick ball or smear the queer?
What a pain....that cute face has to wait 3 whole years? I say start him now and he could be the next Doogie Howser (except for the being gay part :-) Oh, they look so cute. I am glad Jack is actually looking at his teacher now. What a big boy. Love you guys
This is Sara writing under mom and dad's blog name. I read these comments at mom and dad's and about died laughing. Aubree--I'm glad you caught on to the gleeful undertone of Colby's picture. I had to share it. Colby really will love Kindergarden, but he doesn't like to play smear the queer. It hurts.--Love, Sara
Post a Comment