Sunday, January 25, 2009

Holiday Recap



Since Christmas was only 1 month ago today I figure I am not too late to post pictures. Besides, I just barely took the tree down a few days ago. Christmas Eve Jack and Colby were psyched. It was fun to watch Santa on line before we all went to bed.

















Colby really wanted a light saber from Santa and he did not disappoint. They didn't hesitate to have a fight.










Jack and Colby bought gifts for each other. Jack bought Colby the batman motorcycle and Colby bought Jack Hotwheels beast bash. They know each other very well as these are some of their most favorite toys.








After Christmas, Jason and I headed to New Orleans, LA to watch Utah play in the Sugarbowl. Oh my goodness, what a trip! This is the only picture decent enough to put on my blog! I am slowly getting my voice back.







After a trip to Phoenix, (with Colby, to visit JR and Aub and attend some work meetings) I really miss the warm 70 deg. weather. January in Utah. My two little monkeys shiver in the cold. The funniest thing I have heard as of today:

Colby, "The best part about having a body is that you can scratch it." Believe me, he scratches it.

Jack loves to play games and read books and I cannot say no to that cute face. (The laundry, cleaning & any other responsibility I have can wait until they are teenagers.) Today we played Life. Our favorites are Zingo, Sequence, Sorry!, and Charades. You have not lived until you have played charades with 3 and 5 year old boys. As far as books go--Legos Alien Encounter and Dinosaurs. Book club anyone?

5 comments:

ben and nat said...

OH your boys are adorable! And colby can also pick it. I have a funny video for you of him. Glad you had fun at the sugarbowl. Go utes!We miss you guys.!!Can't wait to see you soon.

Marrott Family said...

Chad wants to know how you got all those beads....but then you reminded us that your pictures weren't suitable for blogs, so that answered that!! We missed you guys on New Years, but it was sooo fun to play with your boys while you were gone!!!

Sheryl said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday. Apparently it was so great that you're just telling us all about it now. :) I love the comment about scratching. It's such a boy thing!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we were a small part of all the fun! We had a blast in New Orleans, and we can't wait until you come back with your cute kids to our house. It was so fun to have Colby to play with. You guys are the best. Luv you guys, Aub

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we were a small part of all the fun! We had a blast in New Orleans, and we can't wait until you come back with your cute kids to our house. It was so fun to have Colby to play with. You guys are the best. Luv you guys, Aub